In today’s competitive marketplace, you need every tool available in your back pocket to differentiate yourself as the person who is best suited for the job. As a company, you fiercely compete to attract the best employees available in your industry. Both employees and employers want to engage in meaningful work that provides quality products and services to their customers. Sustaining yourself – being able to last indefinitely – is the challenge of our times, whether you are an individual or an organization.
No matter which side of the coin you are on, our Certification in Strategic Sustainability provides the advantages you need to succeed. Six core classes offer practical insight to improve any individual or organization’s sustainability by enhancing quality, processes and performance. Learn how to effectively apply the ISIS Method and the Compass of Sustainability to:
- Assess the health of an organization or situation
- Identify key leverage points for change
- Successfully implement innovations that are aligned with goals
- Improve efficiency and increase profitability
- Enhance employee and customer satisfaction
- Manage risk and minimize unintended consequences
- Create opportunities to add value and revenue
Using this framework will increase your value and viability, allowing the individual and the organization to enhance and improve their ability to last indefinitely – to be sustainable.
ISIS Academy classes can be taken individually to suit individual areas of interest (Click here for dates and locations). Participants who seek ISIS Academy’s Professional Certification in Strategic Sustainability must attend the six certificate courses highlighted in green below.
The Business Case for Sustainability: Your Return on Investment
Discover how adopting a framework of sustainability today will further your company tomorrow. In this six-hour workshop, competitive business leaders will learn how to establish the long-term success of their company by identifying risks and opportunities in the current business arena. Our ROI calculator will show you how to make your organization last by employing sustainable practices in seven different areas. Certificate requirement*
- Examine a business model that contextualizes a balanced approach to traditional bottom line methods
- Uncover short-term thinking that hinders a company from adopting sustainable business practices
- Identify and evaluate opportunities and risks of enhancing corporate social responsibility within your organization
- Walk away knowing how to measure sustainability’s return on investment and how it can improve the bottom line of your organization
Building the Pyramid
Do you have a process to identify and evaluate your business challenges and turn them into successes? The ISIS Method equips you to problem solve and strategize effectively for your organization and become an innovative thought leader in your field. In this interactive two-day workshop, gain practical leadership skills to marshal the stakeholders within and outside your organization, make strategic decisions and gain consensus to move forward. Certificate requirement*
- Identify the Indicators that signal important trends and successes for your organization
- Discover the cause-effect relationships of your organization’s Systems to determine key leverage points for positive change
- Innovate to solve challenges with appropriate solutions
- Strategize to meet your innovative goals
Indicators: The Health and Status of Your Organization
Do you understand why things are “the way they are” in your business? This one-day workshop focuses on the first aspect of the ISIS Method: Indicators. An insightful analysis of the critical trends in your organization will position you to make smart, decisive and calculated steps to move your business forward in a changing business climate. You’ll leave this course knowing how to tailor-make a set of indicators to help you track your organization’s progress and set it up for long-term success. Certificate requirement*
- Identify risks and opportunities in your organization
- Diagnose the key areas of your organization ripe for improvement
- Articulate the unique aspects of your specific business condition that are relevant to your stakeholders
Understanding the System in Which You Function
How extensive is your understanding of the cause and effect relationships in your organization? In this one-day workshop, learn the core skills necessary to take charge of the causal connections in your organization’s systems to produce multiple positive impacts and avoid risk. Understanding your organization from a holistic perspective can maximize the return on investment in every decision you make. Certificate requirement*
- Learn basic elements of successful systems
- Identify where change could have the greatest impact in your organization to provide opportunities and the best return on your investment
- Mitigate risk and avoid unexpected consequences by applying innovation at the most appropriate leverage points
An Approach to Organizational Change
Trying to nurture or change the corporate cultural in your organization? In this one-day course, you’ll learn how to navigate resistance and leverage your internal change agents in order to adopt new innovations in your organization. Certificate requirement*
- Learn to effectively introduce innovation to your organization
- Develop new approaches to communicate ideas and get them accepted
- Understand how to enroll, empower or neutralize critical role players within your organization who can help or hinder a change process
Implementing Strategic Innovations
How can you determine if an innovative idea is going to hit mass-adoption or flop? Attend this one-day workshop to gain insight into the dynamic processes involved when introducing a new concept to a group or organizational culture and how to get it accepted. When it comes to introducing corporate and cultural changes, you don’t want to miss your opportunity. Ensure your success by tweaking an innovative idea before introducing it. Through this course, you will walk away with new techniques to help guide your strategy from idea to market adoption. Certificate requirement*
- Distinguish innovative ideas from everyday ideas
- Align innovations to organizational goals
- Discover how to detect potential flaws in an idea with five key tests
- Identify factors to enable an innovation’s success – it’s not just about the creativity, it’s about the doing
- Master the seven key elements of a great strategic plan
Problem Solving: A Common Language, A Shared Approach
Every organization has its own language, processes, and culture. This can create challenges in a world where diverse stakeholders come together to problem solve issues of sustainability. Differences in values, priorities, and special interests necessitate a common language and approach for effective communication and the ability to affect change. The ISIS Method is a process that bridges organizational cultures for developing and managing a shared vision of sustainability – while respecting the parameters in which we each function. Half or full day class.
I – Indicators – What is happening?
S- Systems – Why is it happening?
I – Innovation – What can we do?
S- Strategy – How can we do it?
Applying our Compass of Sustainability with the ISIS Method, provides this necessary language and process by which businesses, governments, NGO’s and other stakeholders can come together to problem solve, plan, and make decisions. Learn:
- The value of approaching sustainability from a shared perspective
- A sustainability framework to manage process within an organization
- How indicators can assess the health of an organization or situation
- How systems thinking identifies key leverage points for change and minimizes risk and unintended consequences
- Why innovations should be aligned with goals
Creating a Meaningful Social Responsibility Report
A Corporate Social Responsibility report should reflect your organization’s vision and show how sustainability initiatives are helping meet business objectives. Learn how to create an effective report that communicates accomplishments to stakeholders. Portray your sustainability efforts to your stakeholders in a way that is easy to understand and relevant to their needs.
- Learn the key elements of quality CSR reporting
- Identify what stakeholders really want and need to know
- Ensure your report reflects the challenges and progress of your organization’s social responsibility goals
To register, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roberta at 813-598-1995. We’ll be back in touch within 24 hours.